Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Ciulla Questions

*1. What is the most important thing you got out of the interview? How will you use this?

The most important and useful piece of information that I got from the interview I conducted with an interior designer was about how she started her design firm and the struggles that she went through.  The advice she gave me on how to handle the struggles of opening up a design firm will help make the process easier for myself in the future.

*2. Which question got the most interesting answer? What question would you ask that you didn't?

The question I asked about her opinion on the NCIDQ certification had the most interesting response.  The interior designer that I interviewed is NCIDQ certified so I assumed that she would be in support of people having the take the certification test to label themselves "interior designers".  My interviewee believes that people who wish to call themselves "designers" should not have to pass the NCIDQ in order to do so.   I was surprised; her opinion sounded like one that would come from a designer who isn't NCIDQ certified. 

3. What information received from the interview might apply to other design majors? 

Information regarding working with different types of clients, where inspiration is taken from, and starting a design firm would apply to other design majors.

4. What did the interviewee say about work that is recognized in school work?

My interviewee mentioned working with clients and peers while collaborating on a project.  In design class we also have to consider our clients life style and preferences while designing a space.

5. What would you do differently?

I would ask more questions about specific design projects that the interviewee has worked on.

No comments:

Post a Comment